From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-08-12 20:23:09

Andrey Melnikov <melnikov_at_[hidden]> writes:

> Rene Rivera wrote:
>>
>> This "flicker" is only a problem on IE. There's only so much time I will
>> spend on working around bugs on IE. Just like we don't spend much time
>> in supporting old C++ compilers.
>>
> I'd suggest just not to use these >> at all

The ">>" if kept, should probably be replaced by the graphic element
from the Boost logo.

> and use 2 stylesheets on
> the page so if user has a browser capable to select stylesheets she
> will be happy.

What would the stylesheets have to do with the flickering problem?
<facetious>Why should we stop at two stylesheets?</facetious>
What's the point?

> I'm against JS, page beauty

Any enemy of beauty is an enemy of mine ;-)

> and fixing IE bugs. I'm for standard
> compliant XHTML/CSS, and for page usability.

Usability and beauty often are interdependent.

> Boost doesn't e

I don't "e" either ;-)

> I dislike old minimalistic design of the homepage because it reminds
> me days of IE3/NN4. But I'd prefer more visible links. Body
> readability doesn't matter at all for me. I vote for something like
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Jutland (as an alternate
> stylesheet).

I've always liked Wikipedia.

--