From: Aleksey Gurtovoy (agurtovoy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-08-23 19:14:37

Peter Dimov writes:
> Since this is a serious issue, can we make a release candidate of
> 1.33.1 available immediately? We missed several bugs in 1.33.0
> because the RC wasn't out earlier. I think that we rely too much on
> our internal test resources; a beta release or an RC (people seem to
> test "RC"s more than "beta"s even though the content may be exactly
> the same) should go out as soon as the CVS is "frozen" to help us
> find problems in the field.

I totally agree. But then technically _there was_ an almost two-week
period during which the RC tarballs were readily available for
download and tryout and yet obviously most of our users waited until
the release was officially out to start looking at it. In that light,
I'm afraid that just prolonging the RC period by itself is not going
to be as effective as one might hope for. We need more publicity for
the RC period, may be as much as for the actual release.

--
Aleksey Gurtovoy
MetaCommunications Engineering