From: Peter Dimov (pdimov_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-08-22 13:05:52

Steve Ramsey wrote:
> On Sun, 21 Aug 2005, at 16:56, Howard Hinnant wrote:
>> On Aug 21, 2005, at 4:28 PM, Steve Ramsey wrote:
>>
>>> I've had a number of programs crash after recompiling with the
>>> 1.33.0 release and eventually tracked the problems down to
>>> shared_ptr, specifically the atomic_decrement function provided in
>>> sp_counted_base_cw_ppc.hpp.
>>
>> Try these:
>
> <snip>
>
> That seems to have done the trick. [...]

This fix is already in the main CVS and the RC_1_33_0 branch:

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/*checkout*/boost/boost/boost/detail/sp_counted_base_cw_ppc.hpp?rev=1.5

Since this is a serious issue, can we make a release candidate of 1.33.1
available immediately? We missed several bugs in 1.33.0 because the RC
wasn't out earlier. I think that we rely too much on our internal test
resources; a beta release or an RC (people seem to test "RC"s more than
"beta"s even though the content may be exactly the same) should go out as
soon as the CVS is "frozen" to help us find problems in the field.