From: Peter Petrov (ppetrov_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-09-01 10:13:01

Simon Richter wrote:
> Hi,
>
> to be honest, I am unsure whether SVN fits the boost development model
> any better than CVS does, and propose to look at using git/cogito instead.

Git/cogito is too new, I doubt anybody uses that except the Linux kernel
folks.

> Besides that, git has the IMO very valuable separation between commits
> and pushes, that is, you can commit single changes offline and only
> synchronize to the next upstream repository when there is a network
> connection, which may be of great help for some developers.

Have you looked at SVK? It can complement Subversion nicely. With the
Subversion/SVK combination you can get the benefits of both centralized
and distributed version control - whichever suits you most. I.e. there
is a centralized Subversion repository, but each developer can mirror it
locally with SVK and work offline, synchronizing with the master
repository from time to time.