From: Eric Niebler (eric_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-09-04 10:48:40

Thorsten Ottosen wrote:
> "Eric Niebler" <eric_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
>>
>>OK, but if we want the Range concepts fixed for 1.33.1 (we do, right?)
>>then we have a bit of time pressure.
>

> When you say fixing the concept, then I assume don't just mean the
> documentation?
> If the change turns out to require refactoring of the implementation, then
> it might be
> risky to rush into something.

I'm talking about the documentation. For the point release, I think it's
very important that the documentation is an accurate reflection of the
code, and that some mention is made of the customization hooks
(boost_range_begin() et al.). In addition to cleaning up the concepts
specifications, the section on extending boost.range should say
something about the ADL customization points.

After the point release, I plan on taking a deeper look at the
extensibility mechanism to see if it works on the broken compilers that
boost supports. Also, I notice there is no Range test for the
boost_range_* ADL hooks. That needs to be addressed as well.

--
Eric Niebler
Boost Consulting