From: Eric Niebler (eric_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-09-13 13:46:16

David Abrahams wrote:
> Eric Niebler <eric_at_[hidden]> writes:
>>
>>The bug still exists, confirmed. I have disabled XML pretty printing and
>>regenerated the docs.
>

> I don't see how it could be related to pretty printing and still
> account for "representationof."

Joel added a new feature to quickbook to strip "insignificant"
whitespace from the XML and format it beautifully. (The reason is so
that we can implement a quickbook regression test which does a simple
file-compare of the generated XML against a baseline.) Obviously,
quickbook is a bit confused right now about what whitespace is
significant and what isn't.

We should probably put the pretty-print feature on a switch, for now at
least.

--
Eric Niebler
Boost Consulting