From: Adam Badura (abadura_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-09-16 10:55:57

"Alec Ross" <alec_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
> In message <dgbrjk$k7r$1_at_[hidden]>, Adam Badura <abadura_at_[hidden]>
> writes
> > I looked on a few GUI C++ libraries, but none of them satisfied me.
Most
> >commonly of this reasons:
> >1) weak support if at all for exceptions (wxWidgets for example)
>
> wxWidgets can certainly support exceptions.

>From http://www.wxwidgets.org/ (General FAQ - FAQ can be entered from a
"box" on right of the frontpage)
"
How to use C++ exceptions with wxWidgets?
wxWidgets library itself is unfortunately not exception-safe (as its initial
version predates, by far, the addition of the exceptions to the C++
language). However you can still use the exceptions in your own code and use
the other libraries using the exceptions for the error reporting together
with wxWidgets.
There are a few issues to keep in mind, though:

  a.. You shouldn't let the exceptions propagate through wxWidgets code, in
particular you should always catch the exceptions thrown by the functions
called from an event handler in the handler itself and not let them
propagate upwards to wxWidgets.
  b.. You may need to ensure that the compiler support for the exceptions is
enabled as, considering that wxWidgets itself doesn't use the exceptions and
turning their support on results in the library size augmentation of 10% to
20%, it is turned off by default for a few compilers. Moreover, for gcc (or
at least its mingw version) you must also turn on the RTTI support to be
able to use the exceptions, so you should
use --disable-no_rtti --disable-no_exceptions options when configuring the
library (attention to the double negation).
"

    Adam Badura