From: Alec Ross (alec_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-09-15 09:09:39

In message <dgbrjk$k7r$1_at_[hidden]>, Adam Badura <abadura_at_[hidden]>
writes
> I looked on a few GUI C++ libraries, but none of them satisfied me. Most
>commonly of this reasons:
>1) weak support if at all for exceptions (wxWidgets for example)

wxWidgets can certainly support exceptions.

>2) using own classes instead of standard (most common for string) (wxWidgets
>and MFC for example)

wxWidgets has a wxString class: but you can use a std::string as well;
and wxWidgets may well migrate to using std::string. Currently it is
forward compatible, to the extent that it implements most of the
std::string functions.

But I take the point that wxWidgets and MFC currently have native types
that (approximately) duplicate the std versions.

--
Alec Ross