From: troy d. straszheim (troy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-09-20 05:55:30

Just FYI, we hit something similar with serialization's xml_grammar.ipp
(infinite loop, compiler leaking memory while instantiating a
complicated grammar). That was only with gcc3.3, with optimizations
turned on, on the mac. The workaround turned out to be to break up some
of the rule_t assignments from one big assignment into several assignments:

And that initialization of int_lit in cpp_intlit_grammar.hpp is looking
pretty hefty, one might play with that a bit. I filed a bug report with
apple and the bug has gone away with their gcc4. Out of curiosity, I'd
ask what gcc version the OP is using, and if the OP could run "top"
while building to verify that the symptom is similar seeing the same
thing (hang + mem leak).

-t