From: Joaquín Mª López Muñoz (joaquin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-09-22 05:00:55

David Crayford ha escrito:

> > Hi all,
> >
> > I've recently downloaded boost to run on an IBM mainfram z/OS system
> > (a port of vacpp). I'm trying to compile multi_index\example\hashed.
> > cpp (which I called stuff.cpp)
> > and I'm getting the following errors. I'm a relative newbie with C++
> > so I'm completely bamboozled by the compiler errors. Help with this
> > will be greatly appreciated as I am currently in the process of
> > trying to convince management to switch to C++ from C, and boost is
> > one of my big hitting selling points.
> >
> > "'DOC.USER.CPP(STUFF)'", line 47.60: CCN6281 (W) "offsetof" cannot
> > be applied to "struct word_counter_entry". It is not a POD
> > (plain old data) type.

This warning is harmless, check http://tinyurl.com/e44yv for info on
how to supress it.

> I think this problem is due to a difference in the version number in the
> __IBMCPP__ macro.
> Although the z/OS compiler is ported from VACPP the __IBMCPP__ macro has a
> different version number.
>
> >From the z/OS 1.6 programming reference:
>
> __IBMCPP__ C ++ Only.
>
> This macro indicates the version number of the z/OS C++ compiler. The
> format of the version number that is provided by the macro is integer
> PVRRM, where : P Represents the compiler product v 0 for C/370 v 1 for
> AD/Cycle C/370 and C/C++ for MVS/ESA v 2 for OS/390 C/C++ and 4 for z/OS
> C/C++ v 4 for z/OS C/C++ Release 2 and laterV Represents the version number
> RR Represents the release number M Represents the modification numberIn
> z/OS C/C++ Version 1 Release 6, the value of the macro is 41060.

I also think your problems must be somehow related to __IBMCPP__.
What is the value then of __IBMCPP__ on your platform?
boost/config/compiler/vacpp.h triggers an error if __IBMCPP__ > 600,
so I guess your value's lower than that.

Joaquín M López Muñoz
Telefónica, Investigación y Desarrollo