From: Arkadiy Vertleyb (vertleyb_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-10-17 19:49:11

"Jose" <jmalv04_at_[hidden]> wrote

> Given the problems with the datasets, I would change the initial query to
> one that clusters the cities as you do and show only the city + (lat,long)
> and number of neighbours in the query results. Some cities will show with
> the right string and others not given that the data doesn't map all
> coordinates to the same city name.
>
> RTL result is also 991 neighbours. The problem is that the Amsterdam area
> has the 991 neighbours (and most likely all AS with the same identical
> coordinates) so it is better to group the results by city i.e.:
>
> Amsterdam (lata, lonb) 991
> city B (latc,lond) xyz
> city C (late, lonf) abc
>
> With these results we can compare both queries and although the string
names
> from the cities my differ the numerical values should not.

Well, this may make more sence (depending on what you want to find out).
However, this is a much simpler query -- just sort on the sity, groupby, and
then re-sort on the counter -- I am sure both libraries will be efficient
enough.

Also I don't think one can specify (lat, lon) for a city.

I would finish with the original example before we proceed to anything else.

Regards,
Arkadiy