From: Jose (jmalv04_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-10-18 06:10:30

On 10/18/05, Arkadiy Vertleyb <vertleyb_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> "Jose" <jmalv04_at_[hidden]> wrote
>
> > With these results we can compare both queries and although the string
> names
> > from the cities my differ the numerical values should not.
>
> Well, this may make more sence (depending on what you want to find out).
> However, this is a much simpler query -- just sort on the sity, groupby,
> and
> then re-sort on the counter -- I am sure both libraries will be efficient
> enough.

I realized the modified query might give more meaningful output but I didn't
realize that it was much simpler query

Also I don't think one can specify (lat, lon) for a city.

what i was suggesting is consider each (lat, long) as a city but the actual
string name for the city might not be meaningful b/c the data doesn't map
always the same (lat,lon) to the same string

I would finish with the original example before we proceed to anything else.

ok