From: Bronek Kozicki (brok_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-11-02 09:40:59

David Abrahams <dave_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> It is probably not a problem at all, technically. See
> http://www.boost.org/libs/python/doc/building.html#variants.
>
> On the other hand, I don't know what to do to suppress the error.
> And since Microsoft hasn't sent me the VS 2005 release, I can't test
> Boost against it :(

do you have MSDN subscription? If so, you may download it. You do not
need whole ~3GB, much smaller Visual C++ 2005 Express is enough (but you
will need to pull Platform SDK, though).

>> Dave, do you need help tracing the problem?
>
> I guess so.

Apparently problem is wider and applies to other libraries as well. I
just tried building whole boost 1.31.1 RC by hand on MSVC8:
bjam.exe "-sTOOLS=vc-8_0" "-sBUILD=release debug <runtime-link>dynamic
<threading>multi <debug-symbols>off" stage

and no dll files were created. I checked bjam log, and found that linker
fails with message:
  error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol ___CxxFrameHandler3

It is possible that it's problem with my setup, or that toolset vc-8_0
is not compatible with Visual C++ 2005 Express. Now I'm trying to build
boost 1.31.1 RC again, this time with -d2 option.

B.