From: Bronek Kozicki (brok_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-11-02 12:02:14

Caleb Epstein <caleb.epstein_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> On 11/2/05, Bronek Kozicki <brok_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>
> Apparently problem is wider and applies to other libraries as well. I
>> just tried building whole boost 1.31.1 RC by hand on MSVC8:
>> bjam.exe "-sTOOLS=vc-8_0" "-sBUILD=release debug
>> <runtime-link>dynamic <threading>multi <debug-symbols>off" stage
>

> I just build the latest CVS HEAD and RC_1_33_0 with these same options
> (well, only release not debug) and all worked flawlessly modulo the
> new compiler warnings emitted by VS2005. I think it may be a problem
> with either your setup or VC++ 2005 Express.

Do you have RTM (build 14.00.50727.42) version of vc8?

Indeed, the problem that none of boost DLLs were built was setup error,
fixed now. It did not apply to regression tests, anyway (it was only
problem with my manual build). However, debug build of python DLL was
still failing.

I verified that this error goes away if additional define
_CRT_NOFORCE_MANIFEST is passed to compiler. I tweaked vc-8_0-tools.jam
on my local computer to define this preprocessor symbol (just added line
"flags vc-8_0 C++FLAGS : -D_CRT_NOFORCE_MANIFEST ;"), however I have no
idea why there was an error in the first place and if this fix does not
break anything else. After this (local) fix the only problems building
boost I have are two compiler errors in boost_signals (see separate
message).

Anyone knows what _CRT_NOFORCE_MANIFEST means and/or is wiling to apply
the fix to CVS?

B.