From: Jason Hise (chaos_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-11-11 14:38:51

It occurred to me recently that having the option to make a singleton an
active object may be vital in order to make an efficient multi-threaded
singleton viable. By having function calls on the singleton enqueue
requests and return future variables, threads should be able to access
the singleton reasonably often without creating a bottleneck.

The question is, should I try to develop and submit an active object
library before trying to get singleton accepted? I suspect that having
an efficient multi-threaded solution available would help the next
singleton review substantially.

-Jason