From: Andreas Pokorny (andreas.pokorny_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-11-22 04:38:49

On Sun, Nov 20, 2005 at 08:41:57AM +0800, Joel de Guzman <joel_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> John Maddock wrote:
> > Is there any progress on a TR1 conforming tuples implementation? I seem to
> > remember it was going to be rewritten as part of the Phoenix code?
>
> Fusion. The fusion code in the spirit directory *is-a* conforming
> tuple implementation. It's been there since 1.31. We've just
> finished Fusion-2. The code is done :) We're working on the docs.
> I'd like to ask for a formal review. Is it possible to ask for
> a review on a promise that the docs will be finished when the
> review starts? Just so as to get it in the review queue?

This might be a bit too early, since you still work on the documentation
but a short peek into
http://spirit.sourceforge.net/dl_more/fusion_v2/boost/fusion/
unveiled that now set and map type containers are integrated into fusion.
So I really could not resist.
Is the code in that directory current?

I really like the code separation, that moves compile type or type
oriented functions in the fusion::meta namespace, and the runtime part
with the same names in the fusion namespace.

Right now I am looking at the deref code in:
http://spirit.sourceforge.net/dl_more/fusion_v2/boost/fusion/iterator/deref.hpp
I somehow expected to see some traces of references. After some browsing
I noticed that list and vector have a special deref_impl, which seems to
add references to the value types. So iterators from the map container
will use that partial specializations, because map uses the vector type
container?

Regards
Andreas Pokorny