From: Hartmut Kaiser (hartmut.kaiser_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-12-07 22:49:39

Caleb Epstein wrote:

> Standard behavior for compilers on UNIX is to emit
> preprocessed output to stdout with just "-E". Output may be
> sent to a file (regardless of the filename suffix, though
> clearly ".i" is the popular convention) by passing an "-o" argument.

Sure, this is corret for the compiler interface. If you look at the
standalone cpp preprocessor you'll notice, that the default is to output
anything to stdout, supporting the -o option to specify an output file. Wave
follows this convention. The -E option I've just added is a helper only and
does not interfere with other options at all. Just don't use it if you don't
like it... (BTW: you can specify the -E option to cpp as well, but it
essentially has no effect there).

Regards Hartmut