From: Gennadiy Rozental (gennadiy.rozental_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-01-30 10:49:25

> By The Way, before we get too far into doc updates, is there a really good
> reason why unit test framework and test tools are separate libraries?
> They

Test Tools isn't a separate library. Just a separate component of
Boost.Test.

> appear to be the same apart from one extra file. Would it not reduce
> confusion/compile time... to just have ONE library file.
>
> I'm still not sure I understand when to use either a test_suite
> unit_unit_test_suite, or int test_main.

You probable means the Unit Test Framework vs. the Test Execution Monitor.
The later is just single test cases version if first one. To be completely
frank with you I do not see real need for the Test Execution Monitor now.
It's just as easy to write BOOST_AUTO_TEST_CASE(test_main). But from
historical reason I would keep it for now.

Gennadiy