From: Paul Mensonides (pmenso57_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-02-15 05:22:19

Well, the design is certainly influenced by typical preprocessors. However, the
design is not completely inelegant. The fundamental problems with the design of
the library as is are more related to a lack of an extensibility model. Even
with preprocessors the way they are, I still could hide all of the algorithm
states completely, and that would make everything more usable, but it would also
make everything slower (to varying degrees on various preprocessors).

I'll address your comments about the article in a separate post. I re-rendered
the entire article as plain text from the XML source, mailed it to myself to
make it quote correctly, replied by inserting your comments. Thus, the entire
article will be in my reply, all of your quotes, and my responses to them.

Regards,
Paul Mensonides