From: Andy Little (andy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-02-17 06:30:08

"Paul Giaccone" < wrote
> Beth Jacobson wrote:
>
>>Inspired by a recent discussion on the "Why Use Boost?" thread, I've
>>started working on a new web page designed to briefly answer that
>>question for each library. The libraries arranged in groups meant to
>>appeal to particular users and interests with an eye to encouraging
>>browsing and making it easier for users to home in on the type of
>>library appropriate to them.
>>

> Excellent, Beth, good job! This is just the sort of thing I had in mind
> and would have done if other constraints on my time had permitted.
> Thank you! I hope this or something very similar will be put somewhere
> prominently on the Boost website as I think it will be a very valuable
> asset for both potential and existing users.

My problem is that it just isnt Generic enough, but just someone elses grouping
(nor is the current grouping any better) . Whats needed is some sort of generic
grouping mechanism with a choice of grouping algorithms and /or keywords. That
would be more in the spirit of boost. (The nearest thing currently is the Google
box. ) Of course whether the technology a) exists b) is acceptable on the
website.... is another matter.

regards
Andy little