From: João Abecasis (jpabecasis_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-02-17 09:39:19

Thorsten Ottosen wrote:
> Thomas Witt wrote:
>> Thorsten Ottosen wrote:
>>
>>> Thomas,
>>>
>>> Do you have anything to add to the discussion on committing
>>> the new version of boost.range?
>>
>> Sorry for the late reply my internet connectivity over the last few days
>> was worse than expected.
>>
>> Given the fact that we don't want destabilizing changes in feature
>> freeze I would really like to move this to 1.35.
>
> I dno't like it. For one, bug-fixes must be applied again in a
> freah-check out. Secondly, people will keep on using the wrong
> protocol for range conformance.

I've been following discussions on Range issues and the issues Thorsten
was solving looked pretty serious. Boost.Range offers an important set
of Concepts that users are encouraged to implement and extend.

IIUC, there were issues in the customization interface and both issues
and fixes were discussed at length on the mailing lists. It seems very
bad to have them wrong for another Boost release. Anyway, Thorsten is
better positioned than I am to elaborate on the specific issues and
fixes he wishes to commit. Perhaps looking at the issues involved would
help in the decision.

FWIW, I vote to give this a shot.

Regards,

João