From: Steve Cornett (boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-02-20 12:22:03

There is a different bug in Microsoft C++, that is too difficult for us to
reverse engineer. The warning about improper ## usage helps us diagnose
when that other problem occurs. Without our warning, the situation is very
difficult for us to diagnose. We have found this problem to be common in
code written for Microsoft C++, so the warning saves us a lot of time. I
did not want to complicate the issue with this bug report because I was not
expecting any resistance. The ## usage in stringize.hpp is wrong, and there
is no disadvantage to fixing it. But if you want all the details, see
www.bullseye.com/help/trouble_microsoftPaste.html. The problem in
stringize.hpp is described in CAUSE #1. The real reason we need to issue
the warning is CAUSE #2.