From: Marc VIALA (mviala_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-03-01 14:17:24

Hi Andy,

> I have been almost ready to put a new version in the boost vault for
awhile
> now, but I have been having a bit of a problem with bjam (only because I
don't
> know it very well). I have put a new version in the boost vault anyway.
It
> has all the changes that have beed talked about and a platform independent
> create() function (relies on random and date_time from boost), but it is
not
> thread safe yet. The code to make it thread safe is just commented out
until I
> can get bjam to link with the threads library (maybe you can give me a
hand?).

[Marc Viala]
Thanks for taking account all our comments. I've just downloaded the new
version and I'm going to test it. I'll give you my feedback in the next
days.
About Bjam, I'm very sorry but I've never tried to use it. It's a pity but I
pretty sure that someone else around this user-group can help you. In any
case, I'll try to tune it...

> I did look at your previous post. I should have replied earlier. I added
> function called byte_count() (unless you can think of a better name) that
will
> allow one to preallocate the output buffer, as follows.
>
> boost::guid id;
> std::vector<char> bytes(id.byte_count());
> id.output_bytes(bytes.begin());

[Marc Viala] OK great.

> Thanks again for your interest and feedback, it has already made it a
better
> library.
[Marc Viala]
Thanks for you proposal and your work.