From: Marc VIALA (mviala_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-03-02 03:11:27

> I have been almost ready to put a new version in the boost vault for
awhile
> now, but I have been having a bit of a problem with bjam (only because I
don't
> know it very well). I have put a new version in the boost vault anyway.
It
> has all the changes that have beed talked about and a platform independent
> create() function (relies on random and date_time from boost), but it is
not
> thread safe yet. The code to make it thread safe is just commented out
until I
> can get bjam to link with the threads library (maybe you can give me a
hand?).

[Marc Viala]
I've tried to modify your jamfile, see my file in CC. Notice that I've made
some modification on your jamfile to specify multi-threading option during
the compilation step (it's necessary for Boot.Thread).

All additional libraries compile, but the linking step for Boost.Guid fails
because the linker is looking for the library "libboost_thread" and not
"boost_thread"?

I'm not able to find the root cause of this name matching error: I'm really
a "bjam" newbie...

May be it can help you.

Best regards,

Marc