From: Larry Evans (cppljevans_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-04-04 15:58:15

On 04/04/2006 03:33 PM, Edward Diener wrote:
> I have setup BoostBook on my system following the instructions at Boost
> in the BoostBook documentation. I attempted to generate documentation
> for one of the sandbox projects, going to the dandbox project's libs/doc
> directory and executing bjam --v2 there. I received a message saying
> that "error: Did not find Jamfile or project-root.jam in any parent
> directory." But I can clearly see a Jamfile in the sandboxes root
> directory. Does anybod have any idea what has gone wrong ?

I had to put a Jamfile.v2 to "connect" my sandbox boost to the "main"
boost. My directory structure is:

      <main_boost_root>
        bin.v2
        Jamfile.v2 //main Jamfile.v2
        sandbox
          torjo
            boost-root
          lje
            Jamfile.v2 //connecting Jamfile.v2
            boost
              fields_visitation
            libs
              fields_visitation
                doc
                  Jamfile.v2
                  fields_visitation.xml

The contents of connecting Jamfile.v2 is:

   project boost
     : requirements
       <include>.
       <include>../torjo/boost-root
     : usage-requirements
       <include>.
       <include>../torjo/boost-root
     ;

but I should change that since I'm no longer using torjo's rangelib.
Anyway, it worked for me now. However, I also remember making some
changes to boostdoc which allowed building docs in a:

   <boost-root>/libs/<library>/doc

directory instead of in the:

   <boost-root>/doc

directory. The changes were described by Joao in post with headers: