From: Edward Diener (eddielee_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-04-04 21:22:39

Larry Evans wrote:
> On 04/04/2006 03:33 PM, Edward Diener wrote:
>> I have setup BoostBook on my system following the instructions at Boost
>> in the BoostBook documentation. I attempted to generate documentation
>> for one of the sandbox projects, going to the dandbox project's libs/doc
>> directory and executing bjam --v2 there. I received a message saying
>> that "error: Did not find Jamfile or project-root.jam in any parent
>> directory." But I can clearly see a Jamfile in the sandboxes root
>> directory. Does anybod have any idea what has gone wrong ?
>
> I had to put a Jamfile.v2 to "connect" my sandbox boost to the "main"
> boost. My directory structure is:
>
> <main_boost_root>
> bin.v2
> Jamfile.v2 //main Jamfile.v2
> sandbox
> torjo
> boost-root
> lje
> Jamfile.v2 //connecting Jamfile.v2
> boost
> fields_visitation
> libs
> fields_visitation
> doc
> Jamfile.v2
> fields_visitation.xml
>
> The contents of connecting Jamfile.v2 is:
>
> project boost
> : requirements
> <include>.
> <include>../torjo/boost-root
> : usage-requirements
> <include>.
> <include>../torjo/boost-root
> ;

I realized after I posted my message that the Boost snadbox has a
Jamfile but no Jamfile.v2.

I do not know jamfile syntax. How does this Jamfile.v2 just above
connect to the Jamfile.v2 in the boost root ? I will take it for granted
it does and use it without the torjo lines, and hopefully that will work.

> but I should change that since I'm no longer using torjo's rangelib.
> Anyway, it worked for me now. However, I also remember making some
> changes to boostdoc which allowed building docs in a:
>
> <boost-root>/libs/<library>/doc
>
> directory instead of in the:
>
> <boost-root>/doc
>
> directory. The changes were described by Joao in post with headers:

Thanks, I will look for that message.