From: Peter Dimov (pdimov_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-04-11 10:43:00

Beman Dawes wrote:

> The C++ Standards Committee met last week in Berlin, Germany. Of
> interest to Boosters:

Thank you for the extensive report.

I have one question that will help me (and possibly others) prioritize
things better for October.

> * All of TR1 except special functions has been voted into C++0x, the
> next standard.

What is the general procedure for evolving TR1 (now 0x) components further,
and in particular, what is the fate of N1851, "Improving Usability and
Performance of TR1 Smart Pointers", especially the allocator support
section?

In other words, should we spend significant time on improving (for example)
shared_ptr, or should we focus on new, TR2 things, now that std::shared_ptr
is almost set in stone?