From: Vladimir Prus (ghost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-04-21 03:34:09

David Abrahams wrote:

> Tim Blechmann <TimBlechmann_at_[hidden]> writes:
>
>> currently it's not possible to include boost/plugin.hpp or
>> boost/plugin/virtual_constructors.hpp from different object files
>> with gcc-3.4.6
>
> Excuse me? There are no such files in any Boost release I'm aware of,
> nor in the CVS head. Did I miss something?

That's a boost sandbox library that Hartmut and I work on, at times. I had
no idea anybody would try to use it ;-)

Tim, to answer you question, the first problem is that
boost-sandbox/visitor/dynamic_visitor_base.hpp has a bug -- it define
non-inline function. I've just fixed that. But: the plugin library does not
include that header, you must be including it yourself...

As for multiple definition of `(anonymous namespace)::_1', I've no idea
where it comes from. I've tried the testcase you've described and got no
link error. Can you provide:

1. Self-contained example that produces the error (zipped sources)
2. The version of Boost you have (CVS version is recommended)
3. Your compiler

Maybe this will help to fix the problem.

Thanks,
Volodya