From: Andy Little (andy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-06-17 18:12:45

"David Abrahams" wrote
> "Andy Little" <andy_at_[hidden]> writes:

>> Your criticism mainly concerned the C++ Concepts section of the
>> documentation for PQS. What might help is some examples of what you
>> consider good C++ Concept documentation.
>
> The C++ standard does a pretty decent job. There's also the SGI STL
> website. There's also the Boost Graph library. The "new iterator
> concepts" document in the iterator library docs does pretty well. And
> you can always start at
> http://www.boost.org/more/generic_programming.html#concept.

I have had a look at these sources and I will look at them in more detail,
however they seem to represent only Concepts with runtime requirements.

Many of the concepts used in PQS library have only compile time requirements.
The only example of documentation for this type of Concept that I know of is
MPL.( I assume you see MPL as a good example of compile time only concept
documentation). PQS uses both forms of Concept. Is there any means or language
convention to distinguish the two forms? My current intention is to put the
compile-time requirement Concepts under a separate section from the runtime
requirement Concepts.

regards
Andy little