From: Arkadiy Vertleyb (vertleyb_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-06-25 18:47:42

"Reece Dunn" <msclrhd_at_[hidden]> wrote
> Arkadiy Vertleyb wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > If I understand correctly, regression tests are now run using build 2.
> > would also like to use it, but I am getting an error (see below).
> > Jamfile.v2 was created by Vladimir Prus some time ago, and apparently
works
> > fine for regressions. What's wrong with my setup?
>
> What is the contents of the user-config.jam file? Have you configured a
toolset?
> This is the most likely cause for the problem.
>
> Run
>
> bjam --debug-configuration
>
> for more information. You need to have something like:
>
> using gcc : 3.2 : /usr/bin/g++ ;
>
> or
>
> using msvc : 7.1 ;
>
> in user-config.jam so that BBv2 will use that toolset (it doesn't have
V1-style
> autodetection of toolsets yet).

Thanks Reece.

Now I configured both:

----------
# GCC configuration
# Configure gcc (default version)
using gcc ;
# Configure specific gcc version, giving alternative name to use
# using gcc : 3.2 : g++-3.2 ;
# MSVC configuration
# Configure msvc (default version, searched in standard location
# and PATH).
using msvc : 7.1 ;
----------

But, even if I want to use msvc, it seems to go with gcc anyway:

----------
C:\ark\boost-cvs\boost\libs\typeof\test>bjam --v2 -a -s"TOOLS=msvc"
warning: Python location is not configured
warning: the Boost.Python library won't be built
Building Boost.Regex with the optional Unicode/ICU support disabled.
Please refer to the Boost.Regex documentation for more information
(and if you don't know what ICU is then you probably don't need it).
...patience...
...found 495 targets...
...updating 87 targets...
gcc.compile.c++
..\..\..\bin.v2\libs\typeof\test\data_member_emulation.test\gcc\
debug\data_member_emulation.o
**passed**
..\..\..\bin.v2\libs\typeof\test\data_member_emulation.test\gcc\debug
\data_member_emulation.test
gcc.compile.c++
..\..\..\bin.v2\libs\typeof\test\data_member_native.test\gcc\deb
ug\data_member_native.o

Also how would I configure different versions of Visual C++ ?

Thanks,
Arkadiy