From: Martin Wille (mw8329_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-06-27 01:57:49

Rene Rivera wrote:
> Recently I've been getting anti-spam challenge-response emails from some
> subcribers on the Boost list. Personally I find such emails on a public
> list rude. Do people expect everyone on the list to register onto their
> respective anti-spam filters? I for one won't. It just means that person
> will never get many of the communications going on in the list. Since
> I'm now filtering email through Google, most likely I'll just mark such
> emails as SPAM and eventually the persons will never see Boost email
> again. But that sounds rude on my part.
>
> Any suggestions?

I think your approach is fair.

It's the subscriber's responsibility not to bother the mailing list with
 anti-spam challenges or vacation notices.

I suggest we add that to the discussion policy document. Perhaps, we
should also add it to the welcome-to-the-list message.

Yes, I do realize that this might cause some extra hassle for the
subscriber because the subscriber might have to sort these issues out
with his IT admin. However, it's the subscriber's IT administrator who
caused the problem in the first place.

I also suggest subscribers who repeatedly violate that part of the
policy get unsubscribed.

Regards,