From: Hartmut Kaiser (hartmut.kaiser_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-07-02 11:47:07

Rene Rivera wrote:

> Personally I think turning off rtti for the whole wave
> library to workaround a vc71 bug is the wrong solution, read
> that as it's a kludge.
> So I would consider it a bug in wave that needs to get fixed.

Hmmm, I tend to disagree here. It's a really dumb compiler bug showing up
because of code complexity, where I'm not able to simplify the code without
rewriting parts of the lib.

If it were possible to switch of rtti during the compilation of parts of the
Wave lib files _only_ (without propagating this to the dependent libraries)
the bug would be fixable a lot easier, since mixing RTTI and non-RTTI code
is possible w/o problems in VC7.1.

Regards Hartmut