From: Rene Rivera (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-07-02 13:19:45

Hartmut Kaiser wrote:

> Rene Rivera wrote:
>
>> Personally I think turning off rtti for the whole wave
>> library to workaround a vc71 bug is the wrong solution, read
>> that as it's a kludge.
>> So I would consider it a bug in wave that needs to get fixed.
>
> Hmmm, I tend to disagree here. It's a really dumb compiler bug showing up
> because of code complexity, where I'm not able to simplify the code without
> rewriting parts of the lib.
>
> If it were possible to switch of rtti during the compilation of parts of the
> Wave lib files _only_ (without propagating this to the dependent libraries)
> the bug would be fixable a lot easier, since mixing RTTI and non-RTTI code
> is possible w/o problems in VC7.1.

Done. I changed the Jamfile.v2 so that RTTI is turned off only when
building the individual object files not when linking the library, nor
when linking to other libraries (i.e. filesystem).

A better solution would be a pragma in the sources, as that would also
account for when users don't use Boost.Build and build the files
directly. But I don't know if an RTTI pragma exists.

--
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything