From: Joel de Guzman (joel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-07-05 19:43:41

Jody Hagins wrote:
> I'm the one asking YOU for reasons why immutable interfaces should be
> used over mutable ones ;-) You are the one making a proposal in favor
> of immutable interfaces. Aside from being able to represent the
> functional paradigm in C++, what are the benefits from your point of
> view? I've read several papers, and I've used several similar
> libraries, but I want your experience stories because I respect your
> talent and experience.

I'm not making a proposal. I just stated my preference when I
said "Me, I prefer the immutable and functional approach". Now,
it might be worthwhile to invest some time in defending that.
Maybe I would, when time permits, but certainly not to someone
who starts going "Blech" the very moment he reads "immutable"
or "functional". ;)

Regards,

--
Joel de Guzman