From: Eric Niebler (eric_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-07-11 12:03:05

David Abrahams wrote:
> "Eric Niebler" <eric_at_[hidden]> writes:
>
>> Is there interest in turning this into a BOOST_MIN/BOOST_MAX library?
>
> I dunno. The mixed-type min/max problem is not a major
> issue for most people, is it?

IMO, it's a minor inconvenience. The dangling reference problem is more
insidious, as the compiler won't catch it, but I've never been bitten by
it, personally.

> I'm pretty sure decltype/rvalue ref will give us everything we need to
> do it in C++0x with a real function template, so I'm leary of building
> macros for this purpose.

How long will it be before all the compilers Boost supports have
decltype and rvalue-reference? ;-)

I'm not sure how I feel about it either. Maybe I'll whip something up,
put it in the sandbox and leave it there.

--
Eric Niebler
Boost Consulting