From: Rene Rivera (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-07-24 09:21:52

Jürgen Hunold wrote:
> Hi Rene !
>
> An'n Maandag 24 Juli 2006, 06:30 hett Rene Rivera schreven:
>> me22 wrote:
>
>>> In subversion, moves are a copy, followed by the deletion of the
>>> original; the copy is history-preserving.
>> Somewhat, just tried the basic experiment again...
>
> Which client ?

That would be TortoiseSVN as you mention below :-)

>> The history that the file was copied from another version is kept. But
>> viewing the history before the move is not possible without looking up
>> the previous files history which is really hard as the file is now deleted.
>
> Well, we've done massive code-reordering recently and I can "svn log"
> all the way back to revision 2 of 38000+ from my working copy. svn does all
> lookups behind the scene. It's most likely a client problem...
>
> When using TortoiseSVN you have to manually disable the "stop on copy/rename"
> button on the log page.

Gota love, not, the terrible interface choices people make. I was using
the revision graph tool which has no such option even though it's the
same procedure than the log tool. I use the rev graph a lot as it's the
clearest UI representation of version control systems.

--
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything