From: Lewis Hyatt (lhyatt_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-07-29 12:32:01

Hi Everyone-

Is there any interest in providing Boost container classes with the same
functionality as set/map implemented with sorted vectors? I have four
simple classes vset, vmap, vmultiset, vmap which do this. It seems like
it would be quite useful, especially since, in my experience, set and
map are heavily overused because of their convenience even when the
insertion efficiency and iterator invalidation guarantees are not
necessary. My classes provide the same interface as the STL equivalent,
with additional functions such as nth_element() that take advantage of
the random access iterators, and some conveniences like key-only and
value-only iterators for vmap and vmultimap. I can post the code with a
first attempt at making it appropriate for Boost if people think it is
worth it?

-Lewis