From: Ion Gaztañaga (igaztanaga_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-08-05 14:50:40

>> http://www.generic-programming.org/~dgregor/cpp/variadic-
>> templates.pdf : A complete proposal to introduce variadic templates
>> into C++0x. This contains annotated versions of the tuple, function,
>> and bind prototypes along with a detailed description of the
>> capabilities of variadic templates.

Very nice work. Definitely variadic templates are very interesting.

I see that you have chosen the "core" set of the previous paper menu.
You have discarded other more advanced features like "pairwise
expansion"? This feature was _very_ interesting to implement perfect
forwarding and in-place constructors. First-class parameter packs were
also a huge compile-time improvement, because recursiveness approach is
quite inefficient comparing it to macro/first class approach. So the
question is, are "advanced" features discarded for C++0x or you are just
preparing them for a future paper?

Regards,

Ion