From: Jeff Garland (jeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-08-11 09:50:37

Pavel Vozenilek wrote:
> "Will Wilson" wrote:
>
>> I was just wondering what happened to this very handy
>> container, as I notice it still hasn't made it into the boost release.
>> This is despite it being formally reviewed over two years ago. According
>> to http://boost.org/more/formal_review_schedule.html it's listed as
>> "Accepted -- not added yet". Is there anything preventing the addition
>> of the circular_buffer? If not, can I just +1 including it in the next
>> release.
>>

> I took it over. I'll add it into CVS after 1.34 gets out
> (to avoid any possibility to cause a mess at this moment).
>
> OItherwise it is finished and could be used as is from
> Vault CVS.

This is a rather tragic story of the author not following thru. I asked him,
privately in 2005 as I recall, to add it to CVS but he said there were still
review issues he had to fix and was reluctant. Anyway, it would be nice if
someone else would add it since it seems clear Jan isn't going to. Here's
when the last public statement of the status I could find:

Jeff