From: jmzorko_at_[hidden]
Date: 2006-08-11 11:32:39

Hello, all ...

I've successfully used the Boost serialization classes to read our
config file, as well as write updates to it. It seems to work well
enough, and i'm appreciative of the effort that someone put into
making these classes work.

My question, though, is about this: There is another XML file that we
have to read, that is generated by a server process that we do not
directly control. We're currently using TinyXML to read from this
XML file, but we would like to replace its' usage with something
Boosty. The thing is, the current Boost serialization classes seem
to need some special tags and attributes in the XML
(boost_serialization tag, class_id / tracking_level / version
attributes) to read from it, and the server process which creates
this XML file doesn't put those attributes in there (and we would
prefer to not have the maintainers of that process make a change just
for us). Is there another way I can use Boost to read from an XML,
and fill an object with its' values (like the serialization classes
do), without needing those special tags / attrbutes?

Regards,

John

Falling You - exploring the beauty of voice and sound
http://www.fallingyou.com