From: Johan Nilsson (r.johan.nilsson_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-08-17 03:01:23

Hi,

Julio M. Merino Vidal wrote:
> Hello,

[snip]

> Anyway, I wouldn't like this to discourage you from taking a look at
> the documentation and code. The library is already big enough to let
> you get a general idea on its focus and design. You can start
> criticising now! ;-) Sincerely, any constructive comments will be
> certainly appreciated.

I've been wishing for a portable process management library, and this looks
promising.

>From quickly browsing the documentation, I miss (at least) two major pieces
of functionality:

1) The ability to force/request the termination of a child process.
2) The possibility to specify a timeout when waiting for child processes to
terminate.

I might just have missed these in the docs, though. Some minor stuff (not as
important for me personally):

3) The ability to set up callbacks for child termination (which I guess is
related to your comments on Boost.Asio integration).
4) Parameterization by character type (char/wchar etc) for e.g. the
command_line class.

Regards // Johan