From: Julio M. Merino Vidal (jmmv84_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-08-17 06:12:54

On 8/17/06, Johan Nilsson <r.johan.nilsson_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've been wishing for a portable process management library, and this looks
> promising.
>
> >From quickly browsing the documentation, I miss (at least) two major pieces
> of functionality:
>
> 1) The ability to force/request the termination of a child process.
> 2) The possibility to specify a timeout when waiting for child processes to
> terminate.

Good points; both seem fairly easy to add so will do.

> I might just have missed these in the docs, though. Some minor stuff (not as
> important for me personally):
>
> 3) The ability to set up callbacks for child termination (which I guess is
> related to your comments on Boost.Asio integration).

Yes, that's related to Boost.Asio.

> 4) Parameterization by character type (char/wchar etc) for e.g. the
> command_line class.

Should all strings be parametrizable? For example, the launcher class
includes a string to denote the work directory; does it make sense to
have that as a wstring? (I'm afraid it does since Win32's
CreateProcess receives a TCHAR string as the work directory
parameter...)

Thanks for the suggestions!

--
Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv84_at_[hidden]>
The Julipedia - http://julipedia.blogspot.com/