From: Jeremy Pack (jeremy.pack_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-08-22 18:42:33

I've used Boost for a little while in image processing research, and found
it to be quite useful. Though the image processing algorithms I've used are
probably too specialized for Boost, I've created a couple of libraries to
aid in the development of this software that I realized might work as part
of Boost. Could I get some thoughts?

One library is used for handling linked libraries. It basically makes it
possible to extend an application's functionality by adding new linked
libraries without recompiling the application itself. It eases the creation
of plug-ins, in what is a relatively object-oriented fashion. (inheritance,
virtual functions etc.)

The other library is used as a repository for variables of any type. It
includes the following (each of the following is optional for each value):
- callbacks when a data value is updated (methods or functions) (not using
boost::signals, but it probably could)
- checks that a data value is consistent (i.e. within the correct range)
when it is updated
- mutexes for data access
- useable (though not yet completed) in a distributed environment

If there is anything like either of these already in development, I would be
interested on working on them. If not, I could work on rewriting them to be
considered for inclusion, if there is interest.

Also, if there are any projects that could use some help, I have some
experience in the following areas:
3D graphics
Graphical user interfaces
Numerical algorithms