From: Joel de Guzman (joel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-09-13 19:34:29

Andy Little wrote:
> "Andy Little" <andy_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
>
>> Second question. I have now created various bits and pieces which seem tailor
>> made for fusion :
>>
>> dot_product aka inner_product
>> static_value
>> advance_iterator.
>
> Also add to that functional functors eg plus, minus etc,
> AFAICS Boost.Typeof works really nicely for these and ther is no problem with
> return types in gcc with functors rather than functions

Could you give me some time to think about it? I'll need to review
it first, at the very least.

Some of these elements you mentioned do have generic appeal.
static_value and advance_iterator looks general enough. plus, minus
etc, have overlaps over other "functional" libraries; fusion seems
not to be the right place for it. MPL has lambda and those little
arithmetic metafunctions, but the fusion counterparts of these can
be found in other libraries (e.g. lambda/phoenix).

In any case, I really appreciate the effort you are putting into
this, Andy! Please keep up the good work :)

Regards,

--
Joel de Guzman
http://www.boost-consulting.com