From: Janek Kozicki (janek_listy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-09-26 14:05:16

Michael Drexl said: (by the date of Tue, 26 Sep 2006 18:08:00 +0200)

> Hi,
>
> quite some time ago, on the 6th of December last year, I posted a mail to
> this group asking whether there was any interest in a code for solving the
> shortest path problem with resource constraints (SPPRC) to be added to
> the Boost Graph library.
>
> I promptly received two positive responses, so on the 27th of December,
> I put the code in the Boost File Vault (Home/Algorithms/Graph). Up to
> now, there have been 89 downloads (as the site indicates).

during that time IIRC the download counter has been reset at least twice
due to some server problems.

> However, I have not received any feedback whatsoever since then, no
> "great code, we'll put it in the next BGL release", no "well, er, you
> ought to change this and that and maybe it's not good/fast/generic
> enough anyway", not even a "this is cr.., find yourself a different hobby".

Incidentally I've been reading BGL docs yesterday and I find it as a
very good and interesting library. I started looking at it because I
wanted to simulate a toy neural network with it (the non-layered variant
with memory etc, so vectors and matrices wouldn't work). But after
investigating BGL I'm considering using it in my current project: yade.
That's because interactions (between elements) in yade are stored in a
similar data structure that BGL offers. And BGL's data structure is much
more mature. This is very tempting, although I haven't decided yet.
Perhaps a simple try the code and benchmark it will answer that :>

Above it was a bit off-topic, but I just wanted to underline the fact
that extending BGL with new algorithms is better than not. Maybe you
should just mail directly to the library authors?