From: Doug Gregor (dgregor_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-10-05 09:32:34

On Oct 5, 2006, at 9:21 AM, Arkadiy Vertleyb wrote:

> "Michael Goldshteyn" <mgoldshteyn_at_[hidden]> wrote
>
>>> 434 failures in 15 libraries
>>> filesystem (5)
>>> graph (1)
>>> io (1)
>>> iostreams (14)
>>> mpl (4)
>>> parameter (11)
>>> program_options (9)
>>> python (214)
>>> rational (5)
>>> serialization (16)
>>> spirit (5)
>>> test (2)
>>> tr1 (56)
>>> utility (1)
>>> xpressive (90)
>>
>> Well, it's pretty much a given that python, tr1, and xpressive are
>> holding
>> back 1.34. So, what is the prognosis on each of these? Is this
>> build ever
>> going to happen, or are we headed for 2007?
>
> Well, if you take a look at the *latest* regression results, it's much
> better. In fact, I think xpressive should be failure-free once the
> last of
> tuesday tests is re-run, and python has only a few failures.
>
> How does this work? Are we going to wait for zero failures? Often
> fixing
> two failures may be more difficult than fixing 400...

Usually we wait until we hit zero failures. That doesn't mean that
everything works on every compiler; often, it means that we've
explicitly marked up some failures as "expected," because they are
too hard to fix on a given compiler. Some of the sun-5.8 ICEs would
fall into that category, I expect.

        Cheers,
        Doug