From: Andy Little (andy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-10-06 07:23:45

"Stefan Seefeld" <seefeld_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
> Andy Little wrote:
>
>> Are the GIL Authors interested interested in defending their library against
>> my
>> criticisms or do they expect it to get into boost by default?
>>
>> If it does get in to Boost without any defence whatsoever, then it will
>> confirm
>> some suspicions (I currently think are unfounded) I have about Boost.
>
> Huh ? Are you serious ? Today is the first day of GIL's evaluation. What do
> you
> expect ? Give the author(s) some time to collect opinions and criticism so
> they
> can provide a well structured response.

3 days is plenty, unless they have no answers...

> I believe it is much easier to criticize and mentally destruct something than
> it
> is to actually create and defend it.

Criticism is what a review is about. If I'm not allowed to criticise , seems no
point in having a review.
And I'm not sure what you mean by mentally destroying... could you elaborate?
Anything worthwhile is robust enough to withstand criticism. Please lets not
all lets have to sit about saying how Nice everything is.

> Please, give the authors a break !

What, are you asking for a suspension of the review? It ain't hardly even
started yet.

regards
Andy Little