From: Nicola Musatti (Nicola.Musatti_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-01-25 12:38:11

Roland Schwarz <roland.schwarz <at> chello.at> writes:
[...]
> > 2. It fails to use Spirit 1.6 to build Boost.Serialization, which is a
requirement
> > for Borland and older MSVC compilers, hence all serialization tests (1583)
> > and some more depending on serialization are guaranteed to fail.
>
> I will try to run this regressions with an older version. Can you please
> tell me how to?

I can help you with this. Basically the issues are:
1) Get hold of the most recent Spirit 1.6 release and unpack it
   somewhere
2) Apply a patch that changes all '#include "..."' directives
   into '#include <...>'
3) Setup your configuration to recognize the alternative Spirit

I'd like to try and combine 1 & 2 by issuing a new Spirit 1.6 minor release
containing the patch. I also hope to convince Robert Ramey to let me patch the
Serialization Jamfile.v2 file so that the location of Spirit 1.6 may be
specified by means of an environment variable, as it was under BBv1 .
Alternatively it is possible to modify the Borland 5.8.2 entry in
user-config.jam and add the appropriate option there.

If you have no objections, I'd like to take a few days to see if I can pull this
through, say until Volodya gives the heads up about the regression tools.

Cheers,
Nicola Musatti