From: Roland Schwarz (roland.schwarz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-01-25 13:06:06

Nicola Musatti schrieb:

> containing the patch. I also hope to convince Robert Ramey to let me patch the
> Serialization Jamfile.v2 file so that the location of Spirit 1.6 may be
> specified by means of an environment variable, as it was under BBv1 .

I just looked into my Jamfile.v2 from the thread_rewrite branch where I
had to solve a similar problem. In that case I tried to specify
different APIS. The trick I think can be used for requiring different
serialization API's too.

Here's a sketch how it would work:

In the requirements one would specify:

lib whatever
   : whatever.cpp
   : # requirements
     <toolset>msvc-6.5:<spirit-api>1.6
   ;

In an include file something like:

feature.feature spirit-api : 1.6 ;

Following a rule that modifies the include path if the version is
available. Details can be looked up in the thread_rewrite branch under

libs/thread/build/thread.jam

What do you think?

Roland