From: Nicola Musatti (Nicola.Musatti_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-01-29 05:01:14

Roland Schwarz <roland.schwarz <at> chello.at> writes:

> Vladimir Prus schrieb:
[...]
> > - For borland, it requires patching Spirit 1.6 to change
> > include statements from ""-includes to <>-includes.
>
> My latest findings let me believe that there are even more issues with
> the out of tree usage. Having the entire serialization depend on the
> out-of tree 1.6 does give yet more errors.

The only problems I'm aware of are the need to remove non Spirit portions of
Boost from the Spirit branch and the static linking issue I described in my
answer to Volodya.

[...]
> > 1. Nicola sends Roland and me his patched spirit.
>
> I obtained the above results with SPIRIT_RC_1_6_2 branch. Perhaps it is
> a good idea to apply the patch to this branch? (If boost policy allows
> this.)

As I said, the branch to use is SPIRIT_1_6 . This is the one from which Spirit
1.6.3 was obtained, even if unfortunately it wasn't tagged as such.

[...]
> > 4. We also mark serialization library as unusable for
> > msvc-6.5 and borland, and include a link for
> > the procedure to download spirit 1.6 and set it up.
>
> Hmm, not sure. What about making the tests expecting to fail. A
> regression run that unexpectedly passes will show up with a description
> why this happened. (Out of tree spirit.) So the user will see more green
> lights.

Yes, I like this option better than Volodya's.

Cheers,
Nicola Musatti